|This is the outside of the card. Showing a bride pulling what seems to be a rope...|
|Only to find out that she is pulling the spaghetti. Her fiancè is eating, as usual (Italian).|
|This is the inside of the card. It is full of useful information about the wedding.|
- On the left page we have the map with directions on how to get there. It is a map of Lake Garda, a cartoon aeroplane shows nearby airports, the "spaghetti" continues and becomes the highway, as well as a dividing line on the other 2 parts.
- The addresses of the restaurant as well as the ceremony location are written on the bottom left page. The same symbol is then shown on the map.
- A road sign on the top left corner shows the distances that our guests are travelling to come to celebrate with us. This is to make them realise that we are very well aware of how fare they are travelling. It's also a fun topic to talk about during the dinner. I have made a real sign that will be placed in the garden of the restaurant where the guests will enjoy a refreshing drink and snacks before the actual dinner.
- A fiat 500 car has the text "just married" on the side.
- A cartoon of the castle has 3 flags: The Italian, The Swedish and the Australian, showing our nationalities. The real sign can be seen here.
The center of the card has the actual invitation details, time, date, place, etc.
In the center of the middle page we put the link of our wedding blog where people can get more info about the wedding, transport, accommodation, gift registry, etc. The bottom flowers are also shown again on the wedding blog and include the colour theme for our wedding.
The right part of the invitation is the RSVP page. Guests can fill in whether they are coming or not, if they are allergic or vegetarian, etc. Hardly anybody actually sent it back, as it meant cutting off the cartoon of the groom on the back.