BUT there is such an easier way of doing it, and this is where the "geniousness" comes into it.
- Usually fabrics are sold with a width of about 120-140cm. With 1 meter of fabric you can make 6 (SIX) lengths of flags 1,40. That's a total of almost 8,5m of flags with just 1 meter of fabric. How?
- Chose a fabric that you like. Either in one colour, multicoloured, etc. The important thing is that it's a steardy material and that doesn't fray. That way you can also avoid sewing around the edges.
- Cut the short side of the fabric in 3 parts (this means they will be about 33cm high).
- Each strip will become 2 lengths of flags...how?
- Start cutting zigzag and make sure you don't cut all the way through, leaving 2-3cm on each edge. This is mainly so you won't risk it ripping.
- If you want a long length of flags, then simply sew 2 or more 1,40 lengths together.
- At the end of your length of flags, simply attach a string so that you can hang it up in a tree, tent, room, etc.
There are many things you can do with your flags. Just leave them as they are for a cute decoration at your wedding, party, name-giving, etc. Write text on each triangle like: Love, Love story, Sweets, Mr & Mrs, thank you, etc etc.